Planning an event of any kind can be an incredibly difficult undertaking. Event professionals spend years mastering the craft of corporate event planning so you don’t have to. From the first discussions about your company’s vision for the event, it’s important to keep a few expert tips in mind.
Mugwump Productions has provided superior quality event services to companies around Jacksonville since 1995. It’s our mission to make sure events around northeast Florida go off without a hitch, and that starts with providing guidance for our clients.
Our Expert Advice for Planning a Successful Corporate Event
- DO use detailed lists of all kinds to keep track of vendors, expenses, priorities and more. Assign a specific person to each list or line item to make sure the task is completed. All professional event planners know this is crucial to the overall success of an event.
- DON’T overlook the importance of hiring some form of entertainment. Even the most professional events need an element of fun to break up the routine. Consider a live band during lunch or a comedian during gaps in speeches.
- DO choose a theme early in the planning process. Themes can be as subtle or as direct as your company wants, but it’s always smart to give the event direction and a focus. Themes make nearly every element of the corporate event planning process simpler.
- DON’T skip the official venue walkthrough. Sometimes, photos you see online can be deceiving. This is your opportunity to ensure the venue is up to par. Ask educated questions about parking, cleaning crews and maximum occupancy.
- DO collect quotes from vendors to accurately build your budget. Set a realistic budget from the beginning and do everything in your power to stay within it. Our Mugwump event professionals know the importance of spending every dollar wisely.
- DON’T use your corporate office as the event venue. If your budget allows for the event to be hosted off-site, do it! It’s important to give employees and guests the opportunity to mingle outside of the office. A fresh space encourages new ideas and allows the stress of work to be left at the door.
- DO use social media whenever possible. Generate a buzz amongst employees leading up to the event and create an event hashtag to be used on the day of. Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and Instagram are great platforms to grow your brand awareness and share exciting details about the event.
Stay on Track With the Help of Corporate Event Planning Pros
We understand the importance of walking the fine line between keeping things professional while still providing fun and excitement. Use this simple guide as a starting point for your corporate event planning, but reach out to the experts at Mugwump to take care of the rest.